Friday, February 11, 2011

A New Journey

As I mentioned in my last post, which was a month ago, I was getting in touch with a center regarding my emotional eating. Even though I am stable at a "healthy" weight I am far from healthy.
I really thought this was something I could do on my own; but I just wasn't ready. I haven't weighed myself in a month because I am working on things that are so much more important to me than that number is right now. On a positive note my running group is back in action and we are training for a half marathon! I am very excited by the prospect of completing something that I have wanted to do for so long.
My emotional eating really started taking a toll on me lately so I decided it was time I talked to a professional. At this point in my journey I am  working on the issues I have with food and why that is where I go to comfort or medicate myself. Why I am so willing to fight for everyone else in my family's health, both mental and physical but not my own.  As I have said before we are just works in progress. Once we progress through this part of my journey then we will work on the nutrition piece.
I am grateful for all of the support that my cyber friends have given me and I am so grateful that God gives us what we need when we need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment