Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Prepping & Planning

I am a teacher not returning to her classroom this year. Even though it is my second year of not returning I am still a creature of habit. My children start school tomorrow. The school I last taught at starts tomorrow as well. If I were returning to my classroom tomorrow I would be spending today finalizing my classroom layout, my lessons plan for the year, and getting mentally ready.
In the spirit of that I am prepping and planning today for my new year. The new me. I took my measurements and weighed myself. I will be weighing myself on Tuesday mornings. Once a week that is it. Not everyday or twice a day. Once a week. I will take my measurements once a month. Hopefully, I will see a change. I am scheduling my exercise ahead of time in my calendar. And I will do my best to keep healthy, easy foods in the house. I also have a nice new blank journal to start writing. Writing not eating. It has been easier for me to walk to the pantry and tamp down the pain with food. Its quite numbing. However, it doesn't end the emotion. It doesn't solve the problems. Writing will be a start to reach a solution when I am feeling stressed or angry.
I am hoping this blog keeps me accountable!

No comments:

Post a Comment