Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holidays

I gained 1.5 this week. I knew that would be a possibility. I really felt I managed to maintain control on Thanksgiving. We had the opportunity to have two turkey dinners. I usually sit at the second one and perhaps not have a whole dinner but pick at my favorites. (Stuffing!) This year I didn't even sit at the table at the second house; don't worry no one thought I was rude there wasn't even a place set for me anyway. I had a small piece of a light dessert that I made and brought with me. Control. I was proud. Saturday night was another story. We had a mini high school reunion of sorts. My husband and I hosted a small party of high school friends and their spouses and kids. I realized that I can maintain control and not pick or nibble or drink when I am at a party. As an anxious host it all went out the window. I had wine, pizza, lasagna, and toll house pie. Each of that would have been fine but all in one night?! Not me, not anymore. I also didn't get in as much exercise due to the holiday and some other things that kept me busy last week.
These are all things to keep in mind the next month while "the Holidays" are even more busy. I know a 1.5 gain isn't tremendous and at this time of year it can be expected. To me though if I start making excuses now it because a gain each week and I am back to where I started. Unfortunately I know this from experience. I am not going to be making excuses. Instead I'm making plans to go running this morning.

1 comment:

  1. You're still doing great, though, Trish. Even being mindful of what you're eating is a positive step. It would be so easy to just shove it all in during the holidays without thinking about it. But you, you're having a little bit of this and a little bit of that and acknowledging it. I think that's a good thing. It's good to be able to enjoy the food pleasures of the holidays without letting it get out of control. You're doing so great! A real inspiration.

    ReplyDelete